To ensure the best possible experience for you and your guests, please review the policies detailed below. Once you start the booking process, you will also find this information in your contract, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have along the way.
To make a booking, please contact Kristine via phone or email to discuss your requirements and availability. You will be sent a fee quote as well as a contract. In addition to the contract, a 50% non-refundable deposit is due at signing. Your booking is confirmed only after we have received both the signed contract and your deposit.
For a successful workshop, please provide:
- An open space large enough for your guests to stand comfortably with their arms outstretched. In a private home or board room/office setting, this may be accomplished by pushing furniture out the way.
- An environment free of physical hazards, harassment, or other threats. If Kristine determines the environment unsafe, she reserves the right to cancel the show at any time. If the workshops is cancelled due to safety issues, you are required to pay the full balance of the booking.
- A sound system able to play either a CD or an Ipod, of sufficient volume that music can be heard by all participants over verbal instruction. If you do not have a sound system, please notify Kristine well in advance of the workshop and she may be able to provide one – additional costs may apply.
For a successful workshop, Kristine will provide:
- One hour of instruction of beginner belly dance movements, including a brief (1-2) song demonstration, as well as warm up and cool down segments to ensure safe participation. Kristine will arrive approximately 10min prior to the scheduled start time to allow set up time for a full hour workshop.
- Instruction that is inclusive of and safe for all participants, regardless of age, dance ability, or physical challenges.
- Hip scarves for participants to borrow for the duration of the workshop.
- Music to dance to for the duration of the workshop on either CD or Ipod depending on your preference.
For a successful performance, please provide:
- A clean, even dance surface free of loose materials (gravel, debris, etc). An open space of at least 10’ by 10’ is recommended, but other spaces can be accommodated. Please discusses your location with Kristine so she can accommodate your set up. If Kristine determines the environment unsafe, she reserves the right to cancel the show at any time. If the show is cancelled due to safety issues, you are required to pay the full balance of the booking.
- A sound system capable of playing from a CD or Ipod, and of sufficient volume that it will be heard clearly throughout the space and over ambient noise.
- A secure, private location for Kristine to store belongings during the show. Depending on the type of show and your requirements, a private changing area may also be required.
- A respectful environment free of physical hazards, harassment, or other threats. Kristine provides a family friendly show, and while participation is welcome harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. If Kristine determines the environment unsafe, she reserves the right to cancel the show at any time. If the show is cancelled due to safety issues, you are required to pay the full balance of the booking.
For a successful performance, Kristine will provide:
- A show of the length agreed upon in the booking contract, performed in full costume to a prepared set of recorded music. Kristine will arrive 10-15 min prior to the show start time, unless otherwise agreed upon in the performance contract. For stage shows please provide times for tech rehearsals, curtain call, etc. as much in advance as possible.
- Approximately 10min after the show to interact with guests, have photos taken, etc. If you require additional time beyond this for guest interaction or ambiance, please ask about hostessing rates.
- Musical arrangement on CD or Ipod, depending on your preference.
Payment can be made with cash, cheque, PayPal, or credit card. To expedite the booking process, PayPal or credit card is recommended for your deposit payment. The balance is due on the day of your workshop or performance. If you require an invoice, please let us know and one will be send to you for you prior to your event date.
Kristine will arrive with ample time to start her show or workshop at the time agreed to in your booking contract. Starting on time is important as several events may be scheduled in the same evening, and bookings are organized to accommodate this schedule. Should you require Kristine to start her show/workshop 15min or later than the contracted time, you will be charged $50 per 15 minutes (or portion thereof) that Kristine is required to wait beyond that first 15 minutes. If Kristine has another booking that prevents her from staying late at your event, and she is unable to perform, you are responsible for the full balance of the booking.
For cancellations made prior to 48 hours before your event, a full refund (less the 50% deposit) will be provided. For cancellations made within 48 hours of your event, the full balance of your booking will be due.
We are committed to ensuring a professional booking process in addition to a successful event. Each booking is different, and we are happy to work with you to provide the best experience possible in your unique venue. Please contact with any questions regarding our policies and your needs.